Dispensing Assistant Course
This Dispensing Assistant course (DA) is accredited by GPhC and provides the necessary qualification for pharmacy support staff working in the dispensary.
Online price: £150 (+vat)
GPhC Accredited Course
Dispensing Assistant Course
5 modules. Includes certification.
Any member of staff involved in the dispensing process must meet the GPhC's minimum training requirements for this type of role and start training within three months of starting in the role. To meet minimum training requirements a dispensing/pharmacy assistant needs to take the relevant modules of the Level 2 certificate in pharmacy service skills.
This course meets the GPhC minimum training requirements for dispensing assistants. It meets the following units of the GPhC minimum training requirements:
- Assist with the provision of a pharmacy service to meet individuals' needs
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Contribute to the effectiveness of teams
- Receive prescriptions
- Assemble prescribed items
- Assist in the issuing of prescribed items
- Receive pharmaceutical stock
- Maintain pharmaceutical stock
- Order routine pharmaceutical stock
- Assist in the issuing of pharmaceutical stock
After successfully completing this course, colleagues will be able to confidently receive, assemble and deliver a prescription as part of the wider pharmacy team and achieve the recognised qualification of Dispensing Assistant, accredited by the GPhC.
What you will get
Beautifully designed by pharmacy educators to help colleagues learn faster.
- 5 in depth and killer modules
- Over 50 easy to digest topics
- Over 50 interactive exercises, offline activities and resources
- 5 workbooks
- Over 25 video tutorials
- Over 50 refresher quizzes to lock in learning
- 5 case studies Tutor pack and guidance notes
- Mediapharm automation links
- Displayable digital badge
- Printable custom certificate
- Recognised qualification and Medicine Counter Assistant
- One to one personal tutor
What our learners say
We're proud to have trained 100's of Dispensing Assistants.
A fantastic experience , great knowledge helping me to provide a valuable customer service . Informative videos and content.
Very thorough, clear information that is easy to understand. Wide range of learning methods to help to remember information.
The course is interactive and allows me to work at it at a pace that is best for me to learn. Allows me to correct my answers by checking and re learning.
Who should take the Dispensing Assistants course?
This course is for those working in a dispensary in a patient facing role. The learner will require a pharmacist, pharmacy technician to act as training supervisor during the course.
How long does the course last?
This course requires 12 months study time.
What kind of support will students receive?
As well as instant access to results, learners can talk to dedicated tutors by booking online at a time that suits them. In addition, learners are supported throughout their course by a supervising pharmacist who is nominated on enrolment to review and invigilate work based activities and assessments, ensuring the learner is competent in the workplace. Supervising pharmacists also receive guidance on how to mentor colleagues and support effective learning via the Tutor Handbook.
What happens after a student passes?
Once a learner passes all the online tests and completes the final case study, the Supervising Pharmacist will review the learner's performance and complete a final declaration of competence in the workplace. This activates the printed certificate and digital badge for display to demonstrate the learner is now qualified.